Thursday, June 10, 2010

TL#2

Here is a photo of Thessaloniki's port at dask.
In the personal realm, my mom's lights are dimming as she is lying in bed immobile, stiff, breathing still and wasting away. I dreamed of her recently and she was her old, usual self, full of life and energy. She is still alive, but I no longer have a mom, just a sick body deteriorating...
The weather has turned hot and sticky, air conditioners are in full blast and when I walk in the streets I chose the shady side.
The past few days have faded away waiting for surgeons and paramedics, trying to keep a distance from the unpleasant reality, closing my ears to my mom's almost breathless voice of moaning and protest...
At night at least I go out for a few hours, visiting friends, going shopping, seeing a late show movie.
I am preparing the frames for a photography show in Afytos, and stay in frequent contact with my gallerist, D. Vlassis. Art is going to keep me sane and going on through this difficult summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment