Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting ready to fly

In two nights I'll be on a plane going for the summer in Greece. It is the first time I feel a lack of enthusiasm going overseas. I look around me in St. Louis and I enjoy the trees and the gardens, the easy life, the evenings with live music, the party season just starting... Usually I would scorn at all this, and would be impatient to set foot at the tarmac at SKG airport feeling the excitement of nostos.
This time I am going solo, not knowing what I will have to deal with, without being able to make plans since it is all depended on my mom's health...
Never the less I am looking forward meeting old friends, spending my birthday at home, meeting new people, going to outings, gallery openings, museums and all there is to be seen in Thessaloniki. I am going to try hard not to fall under the spell of the end of a personal era, the end of the line where I come from.

I am taking along, as a security blanket, my art work that I will show this summer in Greece, a small book of unpublished poems I can work on, and the urge to get my self out there. May the wind blow my direction and bring fulfillment of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment